Plan Your Visit with a Museum Pass
Thank you for your interest in visiting the Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University with a museum pass! Starting with the information on this webpage will help ensure your visit is fun and easy.
The Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University
1900 Benjamin Franklin Parkway
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Directions & Parking
Wednesdays, 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
Thursdays, 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
Fridays, 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
Saturdays, 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
Sundays, 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
Members-only Hour Daily: 9–10 a.m.
We highly recommend museum pass holders reserve timed tickets online for a low-touch entry. Your library will provide a code to use online when you reserve the museum pass. Your timed tickets will be emailed to you and you will present them, along with the museum pass, to our admissions staff upon entry. You may present your tickets on your phone or on paper if you have printed the reservation at your library or home.
Your reservation will grant you full access to the museum. This includes Dinosaur Hall, the dioramas, Outside In and Invisible World of Water (open through May 1, 2022). To maintain visitor safety, the Academy Café and some of our regular high-touch exhibits are closed at this time.
Museum Pass Benefits
When you visit the Academy with your museum pass, you can expect to receive the following benefits:
- Free general admission to the Academy for the number of people specified on the pass
- Free admission to onsite Academy festivals and select special events
- 10% discount in the Academy Shop and Academy Café (the Academy Café is closed until further notice)
Museum Pass Restrictions
A museum pass cannot be used to receive any of the following general member benefits:
- Entry to members-only events or members-only museum hours
- Member discounts on special exhibit fees
- Discounted guest passes for friends and family
- Member discounts on adult programming
- Member discounts on kids’ programming, including Museum Overnights, Academy Explorers Camp, and birthday parties
- Member parking discounts
What to Expect for your Health and Safety
The health and safety of our visitors, staff and volunteers is of the utmost importance to us. We have carefully developed new health and safety protocols, following guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and state and local agencies. We are committed to these precautions and protocols for as long as necessary:
- Face-coverings are required for staff and all visitors ages 3 and over.
- Advance online reservations are highly recommended to facilitate contactless transactions.
- An increased frequency of building-wide cleaning with hospital-grade cleaning solutions, including regular cleaning of high-touch surfaces like elevator buttons, doorknobs, railings and restroom fixtures.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the building.
- Plexiglass partitions have been installed at the admissions desks and other areas of the building.
- Comprehensive health and safety protocols and training are in place for Academy staff.
Please see our Frequently Asked Questions for details before you visit.
Parking and Transit
- Logan Square Parking Garage located at 1815 Cherry Street offers discounted parking for Academy visitors. Validate your ticket at the front desk. Find additional details on our Directions & Parking.
- Using public transportation? Three SEPTA bus routes running within a block of the museum. Southbound Routes 32 and 33 use 19th Street. Northbound Route 32 uses 18th Street, while Northbound Route 33 uses 20th Street.
If you have a question that is not addressed on this page, please contact the Membership Office at 215-299-1022 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.