Plan Your Visit with a Museum Pass
Thank you for deciding to visit the Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University with your museum pass! Please use this information to help you make the best of your visit with us.
The Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University
1900 Benjamin Franklin Parkway
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Directions & Parking
10 am–4:30 pm, Monday–Friday
10 am–5 pm, Weekends and Holidays
Did you borrow your museum pass from a library? Library museum pass holders will receive free general admission to the museum for two adults and up to five children in the same household.
Are you a school? School museum pass holders will receive free general admission for six students and unlimited adult chaperones. Your visit must occur after 1 p.m.
Are you an organization that purchased the museum pass? Organization museum pass holders will receive free general admission for eight people, including chaperones.
Your Museum Pass Benefits
When you visit the Academy with your museum pass, you can expect to receive the following benefits:
- Free general admission to the Academy for the number of people specified above
- Free admission into Academy festivals, including Paleopalooza and Bug Fest
- 10 percent discount in the Academy Shop and Academy Café
Additional Fees for Museum Pass Holders
Museum passes will cover the cost of general admission to the museum. There are additional fees for the following:
- All patrons using a museum pass wishing to see Butterflies! will be subject to a $3 fee per person.
- All patrons using a museum pass will be subject to a special exhibit entry fee of $7 per person to see Dinosaurs Around the World from June 30, 2019 through January 20, 2020.
A museum pass cannot be used to receive any of the following general member benefits:
- Exclusive previews of Academy exhibits
- Member discounts on special exhibit fees
- Discounted guest passes for friends and family
- A free Kids Club membership for our younger members, ages 3-12
- Member discounts on adult programming
- Member discounts on kids’ programming, including Museum Overnights, Academy Explorers Camp, and birthday parties
- Member parking discounts
Insider Tips for Visiting the Academy
Get the most out of your Academy visit! Take a look at these simple Insider Tips, and enjoy a fun and relaxing day at the Academy:
- For a more quiet and relaxed visit, visit the Academy after 2 p.m.
- The Academy is less crowded towards the beginning of the week, after the weekend.
- Logan Square Parking Garage located at 1815 Cherry Street offers discounted parking for Academy visitors. Validate your ticket at the front desk.
- Using public transportation is often the easiest way to get to the Academy, with three SEPTA bus routes running within a block of the museum. Southbound Routes 32 and 33 use 19th Street. Northbound Route 32 uses 18th Street, while Northbound Route 33 uses 20th Street.
- Don’t be shy. Talk to any of our educators located throughout the museum. All are extremely knowledgeable about our natural world. Come explore with us!
With further questions about the benefits of using a museum pass for your visit to the Academy, please contact the Membership Office at 215-299-1022 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.