Select Dates, 9-11 a.m.
Sensory-friendly mornings can be a comfortable, calmer way for museum visitors, especially those with sensory sensitivities, to explore the museum. These mornings will include:
- Advanced ticketing to help avoid lines
- Smaller crowds
- More tranquil sounds in exhibitions whenever possible, with soundscapes and roaring dinosaurs softened or turned off
- An available quiet and relaxing space
- Time to explore our signature and special exhibits and wander through the dioramas at your own pace.
- Noise cancelling headphones and fidget toys available for guests
- Understanding, empathetic staff ready to help and share science with you!
Guests of all ages are welcome at this family-friendly event!
Preregistration is required to ensure a calm, positive experience for all guests. While guests will not be turned away if capacity allows, we strongly recommend reserving your ticket in advance due to the popularity of this program and to help all our families avoid lines.
- March 9, 2024
- April 14, 2024
- May 11, 2024
- June 9, 2024
Sensory-friendly Mornings are supported by a grant from the Wawa Foundation.
For information on what to expect while visiting the Academy, please visit us here.
Find out more about parking and transportation options.