Members' Night 2017
Friday, October 13, 2017
For one night only, our researchers, scientists, and educators welcome members behind the scenes for exciting activities that showcase what the Academy’s experts do every day! Meet our staff, see our collections, and experience the breadth and depth of work that takes place behind the scenes at the museum. Check out our Members' Night program for a preview of this year's event.
Not a member of the Academy? Join today! A family of five pays $105.65 in general admission each time they visit the museum. Pay one time membership dues of $119 and enjoy free, unlimited general admission and many more special member benefits and exclusive event invitations for the whole year. Click here for more information on membership and to join.
Some of the many things you’ll experience at this year’s Member’s Night:
- Meet nature’s vampires, greet ghostly animals, and investigate the science of dry ice.
- Solve a 70-million-year-old dinosaur murder mystery.
- Help ghoulish characters perform spooky experiments like potion and slime making.
- Explore “inside” our dioramas using green screen technology.
- Create a 3-D digital model of our new Ichthyosaur.
- Check out our Members' Night program for a preview of this year's event.
Learn about Members' Night:
New Food Options for 2017:
Food carts will available in the Commons featuring carnival grab-and-go snacks and treats. Or treat your family to dinner at the Academy Café. The café will be serving up fan favorites all night. Advanced dinner tickets are not required, but please indicate your food preference when registering.
- Food cart options include: mini burger sliders, mac & cheese fritters, pretzel nuggets, pigs-in-a-blanket, and refreshing beverages.
- Academy Café option includes: pulled BBQ chicken sandwiches with all your favorite sides, pizza, salads and more!
- RSVP online or by calling 215-299-1022 before October 6, 2017
- Members’ Night is a self-guided, open-house style event that runs from 5¬–9 p.m. Our scientists present activities and specimens in the Academy’s behind-the-scenes and public areas.
- The event is fun for all ages, and the activities and experiences offer something for everyone.
- Many of the first level activities can get crowded, so we suggest beginning at an upper floor and working your way down.
- Plan your evening ahead of time. The Members’ Night program guide will be posted online the week of September 25.
- You will do a lot of walking as you explore the behind-the-scenes areas, so wear comfortable shoes!
- Don’t forget a camera! There will be plenty of unique photo-ops.
- Discounted parking will be available at the LAZ Logan Square lot at 1815 Cherry Street. Validate your parking ticket upon arrival for $7 pricing.
- Current members: refer a friend for membership and they can join you at Members’ Night! Tell your friends to visit ansp.org/membership and use promo code MNReferafriend2017 to get 20% off their membership. You’ll get $10 off your renewal for every member you refer. Offer ends October 6.