Friday, October 1, 3–9 p.m.
Academy Members are Invited to the 14th Annual Members' Night at the Academy of Natural Sciences
Members' Night is your exclusive opportunity to meet our staff, explore our collections and experience the breadth and depth of work that takes place at the Academy. Chat with our experts, participate in unique activities and enjoy the museum with people who love the natural world as much as you do!
Members' Night is free and open exclusively to active Academy members. Here are some details to keep in mind:
- RSVP to secure your preferred arrival time. For your comfort and safety, this year we’re asking members to indicate an arrival timeslot while registering for Members’ Night. This will help us monitor capacity and ensure we maintain a consistent flow throughout the evening. All of the activities will run continuously through the entire event, from 3–9 p.m.
- Family Plus members can bring friends. Family Plus members and above may invite up to two additional guests, consistent with their guest privileges.
- Don't forget your masks. The safety of our members, staff and volunteers is of the utmost importance to us. Face-coverings are required for all Members' Night attendees and staff.
- Get discounted parking. Park after 4 p.m. to receive $8 parking at the Logan Square Garage at 1815 Cherry Street.
- Visit the Academy Shop. Use your member discount and take home something special.
Not a member? Join now to receive your invitation to Members' Night. Academy members receive an entire year of free general admission, access to members-only hours, events and activities, discounts on programming, parking, Academy Shop purchases and more. But membership is more than visitation benefits — your dues make a tangible impact on our community and planet.
Plus, join us for the following members-only virtual events October 2–14.
We're celebrating the return of Members' Night with four members-only virtual events to extend the experience and provide an at-home experience for those who are unable to visit the Academy in person. Registration opens on September 1.
Ask the Scientists: Secrets of the Museum
Saturday, October 2, 10 a.m.
Kids are invited to lead this conversation! Ask our scientists and educators everything you’ve always wanted to know about the museum or the work they do.
Ask the Scientists was developed for ages 4–12, but Academy members of all ages are welcome to join the conversation.
Secrets of the Diorama
Thursday, October 7, 7:30 p.m.
Explore the Academy’s renowned dioramas, comparing these unique time capsules from the 1930s and 1950s to modern-day habitats.
This virtual program was developed for adults, but Academy members of all ages are welcome to experience Secrets of the Diorama.
Outside In: Around the World
Saturday, October 9, 10 a.m.
Kids can enjoy a virtual trip around the world with Academy scientists and educators. We’ll explore the unique native habitats of our resident animal ambassadors.
Outside In: Around the World was developed for ages 4–12, but Academy members of all ages are welcome to enjoy this virtual field trip.
What Eats What?
Thursday, October 14, 7:30 p.m.
What Eats What is a popular exhibit presenting the consumers and producers that make up the food chain in a stream. Join our experts to explore the flow of energy from one organism to another.
This virtual program was developed for adults, but Academy members of all ages are welcome to enjoy this unique look at the What Eats What exhibit.
In October 2020, we were thrilled to capture the magic of Members’ Night in a week full of virtual adventures. Our members were invited to explore behind-the-scenes, chat with our scientists and participate in activities all from the comfort of home. You can find recordings and downloadable resources on the Members’ Week webpage.