Plan Your Visit
The Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University is open! Click here for answers to your questions about hours, ticketing, what’s open and how we’ll be keeping you safe.
The following exhibits and experiences are closed temporarily due to the current Covid-19 outbreak. We apologize that these visitor favorites are unavailable, but we have chosen to close them temporarily to ensure the safety of our visitors, staff and volunteers.
The Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University
1900 Benjamin Franklin Parkway
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Directions & Parking
Fridays, 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
Saturdays, 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
Sundays, 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
Members-only Hour Daily: 9–10 a.m.
Admission (includes all exhibits):
- Adults (age 13 and above): $22.00 ($20.00 online)
- Children (ages 2–12): $18.00 ($16.00 online)
- Children (under age 2): free
- Members: Free
- Seniors (age 65+): $19.00 ($17.00 online)
- Military and Students (with ID): $19.00 ($17.00 online)
- Drexel DragonCard Holders: free
We highly recommend purchasing your tickets online for a low-touch entry. We will have timed tickets upon reopening. In order for us to maintain a 25% building occupancy at all times, we will be selling tickets based on visitor time slots. Guests will need to purchase a ticket for the reserved time. Click here for frequently asked questions related to ticketing and safety protocols.
Learn more about the Academy:
Visiting from out-of-town?
Great Hotel Deals
The Visit Philly Overnight Hotel
Package is the best way to experience Philadelphia
during your visit. The offer includes a one- or two night
hotel stay and FREE hotel parking. Click here to search rates and availability.
Best Sightseeing Deal
CityPASS makes visiting multiple attractions easy and affordable. Create your own Philadelphia experience, including the Academy of Natural Sciences. Save 40% or more on admission to your choice of 3, 4 or 5 top attractions with Philadelphia CityPASS. Valid 9 days. Learn more about CityPASS.
Insider Tips for Visiting
Get the most out of your Academy Visit! Take a look at these simple Insider Tips, and enjoy a fun and relaxing day at the Academy:
- For a more quiet and relaxed visit, visit the Academy after 2 p.m.
- The Academy is less crowded towards the beginning of the week, after the weekend.
- Logan Square Parking Garage located at 1815 Cherry Street offers discounted parking for Academy visitors. Validate your ticket at the front desk.
- Using public transportation is often the easiest way to get to the Academy, with three SEPTA bus routes running within a block of the museum. Southbound Routes 32 and 33 use 19th Street. Northbound Route 32 uses 18th Street, while Northbound Route 33 uses 20th Street.
- Don’t be shy. Talk to any of our educators located throughout the museum. All are extremely knowledgeable about our natural world. Come explore with us!
Logan Square Garage
Academy visitors receive a discount at the Logan Square Garage located at 1815 Cherry Street. For a touchless parking experience, visitors can download the iParkit App and use program code ACADNMP001 to receive the discounted rate. Visitors using the iParkit App will receive an additional 10% off their first five uses (no promo code necessary). Visitors may also use the map below to purchase parking in advance for touchless entry, or present the on-site parking ticket to our admissions staff for validation.
The prices reflected in the map below are the discounted rates. Click the magnifying glass and select the date and time of your visit.
The Parkway Museums District
Stretching from City Hall to the Philadelphia Museum of Art, Philadelphia's grand tree-lined Benjamin Franklin Parkway is flanked by some of the city's most acclaimed destinations. Visitors to the Parkway Museums District will discover a cultural mecca with world-class museums and educational institutions, the magnificent Swann Memorial Fountain, Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul on Logan Square and the world famous "Rocky" steps. Treasures and discoveries abound on (and just a few blocks off) the Parkway!
Explore the Parkway Museums District (click on the map below for the full brochure):
Meet live animals, see science in action, or watch us turn the page on Audubon's birds.
Check out our Museum Activities