Membership is a great value! Members receive an entire year of unlimited, free general admission to the museum, free admission to Invisible World of Water, access to members-only museum hours, events and activities, discounts on programming, parking and Academy Shop purchases and memories that will last a lifetime!
Our members are a force for nature! There’s more to membership than visitation benefits — an Academy membership is a tangible way to make a positive impact on our community and planet. The Academy is a vibrant community of scientists, researchers, students, staff and supporters who care deeply about the natural world and want to protect it for our children and grandchildren. Our members are an essential part of that community.
All Academy members enjoy the following benefits:
- Unlimited, FREE general admission to the museum
- Exclusive access during the members-only hour, 9-10 a.m. each day the museum is open
- Free or discounted tickets to special exhibits
- Access to exciting members-only events like exhibit previews and our annual Members' Night
- Invitations and free admission to Academy festivals like Paleopalooza and Bug Fest
- A Kids Club membership for children, ages 12 and under
- Discounted guest passes for friends and family
- Parking discounts at the Logan Square parking garage
- Special members-only discounts on Family Programs and Adult Programs
- 10 percent discount in the Academy Shop and Academy Café
- The chance to add an extra adult to your membership
- Active members, you can pay the difference to upgrade your membership to a higher level
Individual and Dual
Individual members receive all of the fantastic general member benefits listed above for one named adult. Make it a dual membership by selecting the option "I would like to add an extra adult to the membership for an additional $20" when you join or renew.
Family members receive the fantastic general member benefits listed above for two named adults and up to five children (under 18) in the same household OR up to five grandchildren (under 18).
Family Plus ($165 | $138 tax-deductible)
Family Plus members receive all of the benefits of a Family membership, plus:
- FREE admission to special exhibits
- FREE admission for two guests each time you visit (member must accompany guests)
- FREE admission to more than 300 museums with the ASTC Passport Program
Academy Collaborators are much more than members. Collaborators take an active role in our mission to understand the natural world and inspire everyone to care for it. As an important part of our Academy community, Collaborators are invited to exclusive events and hands-on field opportunities that allow them to participate in our research, explore our collections and connect with our engaging scientists and staff.
Academy Collaborators receive all Family Plus membership benefits, plus:
- Unlimited admission to the museum and our special exhibits for three named adults, up to five children and two guests each time you visit
- Guest passes to share with family and friends
- Invitations to Toast to the Collections and other exclusive events
- Recognition in the Academy’s Annual Report
Learn more about Academy Collaborators
Drexel University Employees
Drexel University Faculty and Staff receive 10% off membership dues and have the option to pay for an Academy membership through payroll deduction!
Library, School or Organization Museum Pass
Museum Pass Membership ($299 per member card)
The Academy offers a special transferable membership for libraries, schools, and other qualifying organizations. To enroll in this program, or to learn more about the special benefits and pricing, please contact the Academy Membership Office directly at 215-299-1022 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about becoming a member of the Academy, please call us at 215-299-1022 or email email@example.com.
Already a member? Go to the Members’ Guide for more information on your membership.
Members receive an inside look at the Academy with a free subscription to Academy Frontiers.
Find out more
Museum Passport Program
Members have free access to more than 300 science and technology centers in America through the Association of Science - Technology Centers' (ASTC) Passport Program.
Learn about the program