Back from the Field
You are invited!
Thursday, November 8, 2018, 5:30–8 pm
For one special night, the Academy will open its doors for you to meet our scientists and hear about their recent fieldwork in Antarctica, Brazil, China, Colombia, Cuba, the Galapagos Islands, Japan, Nicaragua, South Africa, and beyond. Be the first to see their findings, tools of the trade, and photos from their research sites.
This event is a special benefit for our members of the Founders Club and above. If you’d like to join or upgrade your membership, please click here.
Some of the many things you’ll experience at this year’s Back From the Field:
- See photos from research sites across the world.
- Examine the tools our scientists use to make discoveries.
- Find out where our scientists are traveling next.
- Learn about the recently discovered fossils from Antarctica and what they mean for the Academy’s collection.
- Jason Poole will share all about digging up four, 145 million year old Dinosaurs this summer with The Bighorn Basin Paleontology Institute and the Academy of Natural Sciences.
- Bid on unique, one-of-a-kind, Academy of Natural Sciences curated packages throughout the night!
Food and Beverage:
Savor a variety of delicious passed and stationary hors d'oeuvres. Make sure to grab a drink to sip as you go from table to table.
- RSVP online or by calling 215-299-1182 before November 3, 2018.
- Back From the Field is a self-guided style event that runs from 5:30–8 p.m. Our scientists present their research and findings related to recent trips in the field.
- Some departments will have specimens to share from their expeditions, others will have images documenting their travels, and some will have fascinating stories about getting to and from their destinations.
- Discounted parking will be available at the Interpark Logan Square lot at 1815 Cherry Street. Validate your parking ticket upon arrival.