Academy Collaborators are much more than members. Collaborators take an active role in our mission to understand the natural world and inspire everyone to care for it. As an important part of our Academy community, Collaborators are invited to exclusive events and hands-on field opportunities that allow them to participate in our research, explore our collections and connect with our engaging scientists and staff.
Join the Academy Collaborators
Renew Your Academy Collaborators Membership
More than a Membership
An ecosystem is an extraordinary network of diverse life forms working together — the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Academy Collaborators are an integral part of our community, making us stronger and helping us build a healthy, sustainable and equitable future for our planet.
Core Academy Collaborator Benefits
All Academy Collaborators receive the following core member benefits:
- Unlimited admission to the museum and our special exhibits for three named adults, up to five children under age 18 and two guests each time you visit
- Access to the Academy’s collections and scientists at members-only events and exhibit openings
- Free admission to more than 300 Science and Technology centers through the Association of Science and Technology Centers’ Passport Program
- Kids Club memberships for your children or grandchildren age 12 and under
- Exclusive discounts on Academy programming for adults and children
- 15 percent discount on Academy Shop purchases
- Recognition in the Academy’s Annual Report
Academy Collaborator Levels
Headwaters Club formerly Partners’ Club | $250
Headwaters Club members receive all the core benefits, plus:
- Two free guest passes to give to friends or family
- Invitations to Toast to the Collections and other behind-the-scenes events
All but $98 of Headwaters Club membership dues are tax-deductible.
Pinelands Club formerly Founders' Club | $500
Pinelands Club members receive all the benefits of the Headwaters Club, plus:
- Three additional free guest passes to give to friends or family (five total)
- Special invitation to our annual Back from the Field reception
All but $159 of Pinelands Club membership dues are tax-deductible.
Meadow Circle formerly President's Circle | $1,250
Meadows are green beacons of biodiversity and resistance to climate change. Wildlife and pollinators nourish and are nourished by their tall grasses and wildflowers, as their deep roots remove carbon from the atmosphere and store it underground.
Meadow Circle members receive all the benefits of the Pinelands Club, plus:
- Five additional guest passes to share with friends and family (10 total)
- Priority registration for Academy Member Trips and field experiences
- Exclusive invitation to the annual Spring Forward dinner, hosted by the presidents of Drexel University and the Academy of Natural Sciences
- Free daytime parking at a nearby parking facility (up to four visits per year)
- Personalized assistance from Academy staff when planning a visit
All but $247 of Meadow Circle membership dues are tax-deductible.
Rainforest Circle formerly Lewis and Clark Circle | $2,500
Rainforests support a kaleidoscope of life. More than half of the world’s plants and animals – from birds and big cats to primates and reptiles – thrive together underneath the dense canopy. The world’s atmosphere depends on the health of our rainforests.
Rainforest Circle members receive all the benefits of the Meadow Circle, plus:
- Special invitations to Drexel University events and receptions
- One private tour of the Academy’s collections each year upon request
- Field Scientist for a Day for up to two people: work with an Academy scientist in the field locally
- Ability to extend invitations to two additional guests for Academy receptions and events
- Recognition on the Academy’s donor wall
All but $267 of Rainforest Circle membership dues are tax-deductible.
Salt Marsh Circle formerly Leidy Circle | $5,000
Salt marshes act as a buffer between land and sea, removing harmful nitrogen and phosphorus before it washes into the bay. Strengthened by animals such as mussels, the aquatic plants of marshes serve as nurseries for young fish and invertebrates such as insects and shellfish.
Salt Marsh Circle members receive all the benefits of the Rainforest Circle, plus:
- A private luncheon at the Academy for four people, followed by a customized behind-the-scenes tour with an Academy curator
- Field Scientist for a Day for up to four people: work with an Academy scientist in the field locally
- A complimentary add-on experience for a birthday party or event rental
All but $357 of Salt Marsh Circle membership dues are tax-deductible.
Mangrove Circle formerly Darwin Circle | $10,000
The massive roots of mangrove forests create coastal sanctuaries for manatees and other sensitive marine life while removing carbon from the atmosphere and protecting shorelines against storms.
Mangrove Circle members receive all the benefits of the Salt Marsh Circle, plus:
- A private cocktail reception at the Academy for up to six people, followed by a customized behind-the-scenes tour with an Academy scientist of your choice
- Field Scientist for a Day for up to six people: work with an Academy scientist in the field locally
- The opportunity to participate in special volunteer activities
- A complimentary Family membership for the family of your choice
- A guided museum experience for all visits, upon request
All but $450 of Mangrove Circle membership dues are tax-deductible.
Seagrass Circle formerly Jefferson Circle | $25,000
Underwater meadows of seagrass are a world of their own. By trapping sediment and transferring nutrients across the habitat, seagrasses create an environment that benefits an array of species. The meadows take up large amounts of carbon dioxide, benefiting marine life and terrestrial life.
Seagrass Circle members receive all the benefits of the Mangrove Circle, plus:
- A private dinner for up to eight people in an Academy gallery of your choice, followed by a customized behind-the-scenes tour with an Academy curator
- Field Scientist for a Day for up to eight people: work with an Academy scientist in the field locally
- Curator for a Day: spend the day learning the ins and outs of caring for your favorite collection
- An environmental-themed publication
- The opportunity to host a complimentary private Academy program at your home or club
All but $689 of Seagrass Circle membership dues are tax-deductible.
We’re here to help! If you have questions about the Academy Collaborators, please call 215-299-1182 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for other ways to make a difference?
You can support the Academy in a tax-savvy way.
Your family can support the care of the Academy’s animal ambassadors.
Giving through the EITC Program
Your company can support critical STEM education with an EITC contribution.
Invest in the future of the Academy with a legacy gift.
The official registration and financial information of the Academy of Natural Sciences may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.