Philly to Host #1 Minecraft Event for Super Fans Again
“Minefaire: Official Minecraft Community Event” Takes Over Historic Museum
October 16, 2019
Connect with your kids and be blown away by off-the-charts fun at the #1 Minecraft event in the USA that has broken a Guinness World Record for the largest convention for a single video game. Minefaire: Official Minecraft Community Event, which has produced four previous massive Minecraft experiences in the Philadelphia region, will be taking over the Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University in Philadelphia, December 28 and 29, to complete its 2019 tour. Watch the latest official video here.
Attracting over 300,000 attendees since its inception, Minefaire smashed its own world record during its Los Angeles debut last April with more than 17,000 tickets sold. Now young super fans of the best-selling standalone video game of all time will round up their families to enjoy Minefaire as it continues an 11-city, coast-to-coast tour.
Minefaire is the brainchild of two fathers who advise parents to be a superhero to their children for a day, by taking the plunge into their digital world.
“When we launched Minefaire three years ago, we did so as two fathers who simply wanted our children to look up from their devices and interact with the real world,” says Minefaire co-founder Gabe Young, a father of four.
“Now in cities across the country, Minefaire has become a place where kids can make real-world connections with other children who share their love of the virtual world,” says Minefaire co-founder Chad Collins, a father of two. “For parents, it’s a chance to breathe a sigh of relief. Your introspective children who express themselves through video games are not alone. At Minefaire, they not only belong they thrive.”
At Minefaire, children and their parents will step into the New Minecraft Mixed Reality Experience, equipped at a level still unattainable in most homes. In the most immersive Minecraft virtual reality experience available, fans will plunge into a full-body building experience and also enjoy:
- ●Minecraft Escape Room: Feel like you’re literally inside the game, in a real-world replica of a Minecraft room that’s one of the few family-oriented escape rooms accessible to the public.
- ●Exclusive Minecraft Gaming: Play custom maps and challenges designed for Minefaire.
- ●Minecraft Costume Contest: Surround yourself with hundreds of children in full Minecraft costume as they compete (and dance!) on stage as their favorite characters.
- ●Live Entertainment: A one-of-a-kind stage experience where kids compete in build competitions, join in on trivia fun, and play unique Minecraft-themed games before a live audience.
- ●Learning Lab: Go hands-on in workshops with Minecraft Education Global Mentors who use Minecraft in local classrooms.
- ●World’s Largest Official Minecraft Merchandise: New, rare and custom items you can’t find anywhere else.
- ●Complete Museum Access: Enjoy all the Academy of Natural Sciences has to offer, including Butterflies! and the special exhibit Dinosaurs Around the World.
WHEN: Saturday, December 28, 2019, 9 a.m.-5.pm.
Sunday, December 29, 2019, 9 a.m.-5p.m.
WHERE: The Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University 1900 Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia, PA 19103
All-inclusive tickets start at $24.99 and are FREE for children age two and under. For more information or to purchase tickets, go to Minefaire.com.
Minefaire is a fundraiser for Public Citizens for Children and Youth, which produced successful Minecraft-themed events in 2017 and 2018 to promote STEM learning and opportunities for Philadelphia children. PCCY improves the lives and life chance of children by ensuring every child in the region has access to the health care, family supports, early learning programs, and quality public schools that are so essential to their success.
What is Minecraft? Minecraft is a virtual game where you build new worlds, block by block, by mining the resources you find and crafting them into structures that might include staircases, mazes, amusement parks – the only limit is your imagination! The best-selling standalone video game of all time, more than 176 million Minecraft units have been sold.
Minefair Media Contact: Jadin Miller, 267-482-0745, email@example.com
PCCY Media Contact: David Kim, 215-900-9030, firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Service Inquiries: email@example.com