Door 19: “Off the Hook” for Adults Only, April 12
Enjoy quirky science, behind-the-scenes tours, libations and support the Academy.
March 20, 2018
Knock 3.14159 times on Door 19 for admission to an oddly charming evening that will forever change how you think about science. Curated for the curious, Door 19 at the Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University is quirky science meets themed soiree, set against a backdrop of live performances, music, potent libations, exclusive behind-the-scenes access, and dinosaurs.
The next Door 19 takes place Thursday, April 12, from 6–9 p.m., in partnership with Flying Fish Brewing Co. and 12th St. Catering. Participants must be 21 and older to attend. The theme this time is “Off the Hook.”
Water literally keeps us alive, but have you ever thought about what water means to animals that live in our streams, rivers, lakes, and oceans? Find out when the Academy’s entertaining scientists and educators pull out all the stops for a wet and wild evening featuring exclusive tours of two splashy collections, fun with freshwater critters, great food and drink, and even a shark dissection demonstration.
To register, visit Door19philly.com. Early bird tickets are $80 and all-inclusive.
- Open bar featuring Flying Fish Brewing Co. and great food all night.
- Eye-opening behind-the-scenes tours of the Academy’s Ichthyology (fish) and Malacology (shells and mollusks) collections.
- Hands-on muddy, messy mucking-about featuring the wilds of the Delaware River with Independence Seaport Museum.
- Shark dissection! Everything you always wanted to know about sharks but were too afraid to ask.
- Weird things in jars.
- Making Gyotaku, fish stone rubbing, a traditional Japanese art of print making.
For an image, visit the Press Room.
News media contact:
Carolyn Belardo, Director of Public Relations, The Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University
215-299-1043, email@example.com, @AcadNatSciPR | Press Room: www.ansp.org/press