Free Admission Day June 30
June 10, 2014
Enjoy free admission to the Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University on Monday, June 30, as part of the Wawa Welcome America! festival. The day of fun family activities includes celebrity story readers, live animal shows and a hands-on Wawa dairy exhibit. The first 200 kids through the door get a free book!
As part of the Go 4th and Learn series, Mayor Michael Nutter, 6ABC anchor Matt O’Donnell and Wawa CEO Chris Gheysens will read stories to children in the morning in the Academy’s picturesque library. Visitors can check out National Geographic’s Birds of Paradise exhibit, visit their favorite dinosaurs, make a feather headdress to take home, and even learn how to milk a cow—all for free and sponsored by Wawa. Here are the activities:
- Hear a story read by Mayor Nutter at 10 a.m., 6ABC’s Matt O’Donnell at 10:30 a.m., or Wawa CEO Chris Gheysens at 11 a.m.
- Enjoy 30-minute live animal shows at 11:30 a.m. or 2:30 p.m.
- See milk in a whole new light at the Milk Experiment Station.
- Discover amazing facts about eggs at the Egg Experiment Station.
- Take a closer look at different types of feathers.
- Make a feather headdress to take home.
- Explore the hands-on Wawa dairy exhibit with a cow-milking model.
- See specimens from the Academy’s Ornithology Collection, including Canada geese like Wally, Wawa’s mascot.
Wawa Welcome America! is a multi-day festival that celebrates America’s birthday in America’s birthplace, Philadelphia. Wawa joined the festival as the title sponsor in 2010. For more information, please visit www.welcomeamerica.com, like Wawa on Facebook (www.facebook.com/wawawelcomeamerica) and follow Wawa on Twitter and Instagram (@July4thPhilly).