Academy Science Camp invites campers, ages 5-12, to learn about natural science at Philly's Dinosaur Museum. Each week of camp explores an exciting new theme such as dinosaurs, insects, or superheroes and features an off-site field trip! Click here to download the 2017 Camp Brochure
Parents with younger children may want to consider Tiny Tot Explorers, a program for children ages 3–5. For teens 12–16, check out our Teen Husbandry and Expedition Programs.
Weekly Camp Themes for 2018
- Dynamic Dinosaurs (July 9–13)
- How do you compare to the dinosaurs? Find out during this dino-tacular week. Create your own dinosaur feathers, examine real fossils, turn yourself into a dinosaur, and even race a T. rex. This week features a field trip to meet some live dinosaur cousins in their modern-day homes!
- The World of T. rex (July 16–20)
- Determine what life was really like 65 million years ago. Design your own Paleozoic park, unearth real fossils, and determine how animals survived when dinosaurs ruled the earth. This week features a field trip to collect (and take home) real fossils!
- Scales and Tails (July 23–27)
- Investigate what goes into the care of different reptiles, mammals, birds, and invertebrates. Meet live animals up-close, create toys and treats for our parrots, and go behind the scenes in the Academy's own Live Animal Center! This week features a field trip to meet live animals and see how they survive in very different habitats.
- Animal Myths and Legends (July 30–August 3)
- Discover what Yetis, unicorns, and dragons all have in common. Investigate the real animals behind these mysteries. Build your very own animal tracking kit, play a game of Loch Ness Monster relay, and try to locate the famous Bigfoot. This week features a field trip to search for legendary animals.
- Prehistoric Pals (August 6–10)
- Take a prehistoric vacation to the Mesozoic Era. Create your very own mobile fossil dig, design your own trilobite, and create a replica prehistoric animal tooth. This week features a field trip to discover the extraordinary archaeological collections of art and artifacts from all over the world.
- Buggin' Out (August 13–17)
- Learn what it takes to be a bug scientist! Start your very own insect collection, learn and test tactics for collecting aquatic invertebrates, and get up-close with live Academy invertebrates! This week features a field trip to discover the insect world around us during this very buggy adventure..
- Dino-mite Discovery (August 20–24)
- Calling all paleontologists! Delve deeper into the lives of dinosaurs and their modern-day relatives. Play a round of Tricera-toss, examine dinosaurs from guts to bones to scales, and learn about the giant reptiles that roamed the earth for 165 million years. This week features a field trip to collect (and take home) real fossils!
- Explore the Outdoors (August 27–31)
- Amaze yourself with the wilderness around you. Gain a bug’s-eye view of the world, play a game of cricket croquet, and create your very own miniboat to race! This week features a field trip to learn more about the nearby wilderness!
Sign up early and save with our Early-Bird Discounts!
Register BEFORE January 30 and receive $35 off each week of camp purchased per child.
Register BEFORE April 1 and receive $25 off each week of summer camp purchased per child.
Summer Sibling Discount!
Register two or more campers for summer camp and receive $10 off each week of camp purchased per child.
The Academy is conveniently located right in the heart of Center City, making pickup and drop-off a breeze for those who live (and work) in and around Philadelphia.
Registering is easy!
Register online by clicking the button below.
If you have any questions about the registration process, please call 215-299-1060. For general questions, please contact Christine Danowsky at email@example.com or 215-299-3798.
- Members pay $320 per camper per weekly session.
- Nonmembers pay $360 per camper per weekly session.
- Before-care (8–9 am) is $50 per camper per weekly session.
- After-care (4–5:30 pm) is $50 per camper per weekly session.
- Register BEFORE January 30 and receive $35 off each week of camp purchased per child.
- Register BEFORE April 1 and receive $25 off each week of summer camp purchased per child.
- Summer Sibling Discount! Register two or more campers for summer camp and receive $10 off each week of camp purchased per child.
- (Early-bird and Summer Sibling Discounts do not apply to Tiny Tot Explorers or Teen Camp and cannot be combined with additional discounts.)
- Academy members save even more!
- If you are interested in becoming a member of the Academy, check out our membership information or call us at 215-299-1022.
- SCOP Scholarships -
- A small number of scholarships are available through the generosity of SCOP (Support Community Outreach Program). Check back for more information.
- Registration Form for Summer Academy Explorers Camp 2017
Parents Guide for Summer Academy Explorers Camp 2017
2017 Camp Brochure