Academy Science Camp invites campers, ages 5-12, to learn about natural science at Philly's Dinosaur Museum. Each week of camp explores an exciting new theme such as dinosaurs, insects, or superheroes and features an off-site field trip! Click here to download the 2019 Camp Brochure
Parents with younger children may want to consider Tiny Tot Explorers, a program for children ages 3–5. For teens 12–16, check out our Teen Husbandry and Expedition Programs.
Weekly Camp Themes for 2019
- Amazing Animals (July 8–12)
- Investigate the amazing world of animal adaptations. Meet live animals up-close, and create toys and treats for our parrots, skunks and armadillos. Explore behind the scenes in the Academy’s own Live Animal Center and learn to care for live invertebrates, fish and reptiles! This week features a field trip to meet live animals from all over the world!
- Fantastic Fossils (July 15–19)
- From dinosaurs and trees to sharks and shells, fossils are amazing! Discover how they form and why they offer a window into the past. Examine real fossils, visit the Academy’s own Fossil Prep Lab, create your own T. rex tooth cast and reconstruct your very own dinosaur. This week features a field trip to collect (and take home) real fossils!
- Dino-lympics (July 22–26)
- How do you compare to the dinosaurs? Find out during this dino-tacular week. Create your own dinosaur feathers, inspect real fossils, design a dinosaur mascot and even race a raptor. This week features a field trip to meet some live dinosaur cousins in their modern-day homes!
- Things With Wings (July 29–August 2)
- From birds to bats and butterflies, discover how nature has taken flight by exploring winged wildlife around the world. Investigate how wings defy gravity, create your own butterfly feeder and design your own animal aircraft. This week features a field trip to meet legendary animals and learn about the places they call home.
- Mysteries of the Museum (August 5–9)
- Unlock the secrets of the museum as you explore some rarely seen specimens, go behind the scenes to investigate what our scientists are working on and create your very own museum exhibit. This week features a field trip to discover the extraordinary archaeological collections of art and artifacts from all over the world.
- Incredible Insects (August 12–16)
- Journey deep into the dirt and observe the world from a bug’s-eye view. Get up close and personal with live invertebrates, investigate how insects survive extreme environments and design your very own bug collection kit. This week features a field trip to determine the importance of the invertebrate world around us during a very bug-inspired adventure.
- Dinosaur Detectives (August 19–23)
- Calling all paleontologists! Discover the lives of dinosaurs and their relatives alive today. Travel back in time to the Mesozoic Era, work with real fossils and come face-to-face with modern-day dinosaurs. This week features a field trip to collect (and take home) real fossils!
- Into the Wild (August 26–30)
- Amaze yourself with the wilderness around you. Gain a bug’s-eye view of the world, play a game of cricket croquet, and create your very own miniboat to race! This week features a field trip to learn more about the nearby wilderness!
Sign up early and save with our Early-Bird Discounts!
Register BEFORE January 30 and receive $35 off each week of camp purchased per child.
Register BEFORE April 1 and receive $25 off each week of summer camp purchased per child.
Summer Sibling Discount!
Register two or more campers for summer camp and receive $10 off each week of camp purchased per child.
The Academy is conveniently located right in the heart of Center City, making pickup and drop-off a breeze for those who live (and work) in and around Philadelphia.
Registering is easy!
Register online by clicking the button below.
If you have any questions about the registration process, please call 215-299-1060. For general questions, please contact Christine Danowsky at email@example.com or 215-299-3798.
- Members pay $335 per camper per weekly session.
- Nonmembers pay $375 per camper per weekly session.
- Before-care (8–9 am) is $50 per camper per weekly session.
- After-care (4–5:30 pm) is $50 per camper per weekly session.
- Register BEFORE January 30 and receive $35 off each week of camp purchased per child.
- Register BEFORE April 1 and receive $25 off each week of summer camp purchased per child.
- Summer Sibling Discount! Register two or more campers for summer camp and receive $10 off each week of camp purchased per child.
- (Early-bird and Summer Sibling Discounts do not apply to Tiny Tot Explorers or Teen Camp and cannot be combined with additional discounts.)
- Academy members save even more!
- If you are interested in becoming a member of the Academy, check out our membership information or call us at 215-299-1022.
- SCOP Scholarships
- If funding is made available, SCOP Scholarship information will appear below.
- Registration Form for Summer Camp 2019
2019 Camp Brochure