Drexel University and the Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University
are committed to equality of employment opportunity and do not discriminate against applicants, or employees
based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, identity and expression,
disability or veteran status. Moreover, we are committed to recruiting and advancing women and minorities at all
levels within the University. For additional information, please view the Equality and Non-Discrimination Policy.
Executive Director of The Environmental Collaboratory
Drexel University invites nominations and applications for the inaugural position of Executive Director of The
Environmental Collaboratory. Please click here for more information and to apply for the role.
Reports To: School Programs Educator
Part-time Educators will be responsible for teaching K-12 virtual science lessons, in-person
lessons, and outreach lessons to area schools, daycare centers, libraries, and community centers.
With support from Learning Department staff, Part-time Educators may create lessons
considering best practices, state and national educational standards, and individual school
Range of Duties:
- Actively engage students ranging from kindergarten to grade 12 in learning science
- Ability to teach virtual, in-person, and off-site lessons to all grades
- Create and implement high quality lessons and build science curriculum concerning a
variety of science topics including (but not limited to) paleontology, invertebrates,
adaptations and evolution, biodiversity, water quality, and climate science.
- Learn to work with the Academy’s live invertebrate and vertebrate collection for
- Monitor supplies and report shortages and missing/broken pieces
- Follow the published staffing schedule as well as the museum schedule of events
- Work cooperatively with a diverse museum education
- Weekend/evening work may be required
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- All applicants must pass Child Abuse Clearance and Criminal Background Checks
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Excellent public speaking, organizational, and customer service skills required
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Strong background in the natural sciences
- Experience teaching/supervising all ages, preferably in an informal education setting
particularly preschool, elementary, and middle school-aged children. Virtual teaching a plus.
- Ability to follow instructions and work with minimal supervision
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Leigh Lightner, School Programs Developer,email@example.com
Visitor Services Associate
The Visitor Service Department at The Academy of Natural Sciences is in need of a Part-Time Visitor Services
Associate to be scheduled primarily on weekends and holidays, with some weekday availability. This
position reports to the Assistant Manager of Visitor Services.
This position would work between 28 and 40 hours per month, depending on the anticipated attendance levels.
The position pays $9.25 per hour plus commission.
This position requires excellent customer service skills as well as basic cash handling and computer skills.
Candidate must be able to maintain a flexible work schedule and be available weekends and holidays. The Academy is a
unique and fun place to work. It offers experience in the hospitality and tourism field as well as a commission
program for membership sales.
- Represent the Academy in a professional manner.
- Sell Academy memberships and admissions to guests.
- Inform guests of daily and upcoming programs.
- Manage cash, credit transactions, and closeout reports.
- Handle a variety of different types of transactions and group check-ins.
- Maintain a neat and orderly appearance of the front desk.
- Promptly communicate any issues to a manager.
- May be cross trained to work other positions.
- Attend quarterly meetings.
- High school education;
- Computer proficiency and willingness to learn new systems;
- Customer service experience in an attraction venue preferred;
- Excellent cash handling skills/experience a must;
- Ability to stay informed with current events happening in the museum.
- Must enjoy working with the public;
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
Skills to be Enhanced or Developed on the Job:
- Develop an experience in all aspects of visitor/hospitality services through training and on the job experience.
- Training on basic to intermediate use of computerized point of sale system.
- Learn to work within a team environment, supported by an enthusiastic professional staff.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org