Drexel University and the Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University are committed to equality of employment opportunity and do not discriminate against applicants, or employees based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, identity and expression, disability or veteran status. Moreover, we are committed to recruiting and advancing women and minorities at all levels within the University. For additional information, please view the Equality and Non-Discrimination Policy.
Maintenance Mechanic III - TEMP Full-time
Three years of experience in a similar position, supporting a variety of building services.
University and/or museum experience a plus.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Reporting to the Facilities manager, the Maintenance Mechanic III will be the front line for implementing repairs and performing basic building maintenance as well as the policies and procedures established by the Facilities Manager and Sr. Dir. of Technology & Infrastructure. This position will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and upkeep of the facility’s equipment, appearance and function, as assigned.
- Education and experience as outlined above
Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially calendaring and spreadsheets.
Competent use of mobile device for service ticket management
Ability to problem solve and make decisions.
Reasonable written and verbal communication skills.
- Perform general building upkeep, maintenance and repairs including (but not limited to):
- Small HVAC repairs (ie. Fan coil maintenance and other non-contracted issues)
- Carpentry work as requested
- Lighting issues (bulb & ballast replacement)
- Minor plumbing repairs (auto-flush and other repairs that do not require a plumber)
- Minor mechanical repairs
- Changing filters in air handlers
- Patching and painting for small projects.
- Ceiling tile replacement
- Work with contractors to navigate the building and on the implementation of projects as needed; manage projects/relationships as assigned.
- Coordinate with University Environmental Health & Safety on all issues that require their attention.
- In addition to normal working hours, this position must be on call to respond to emergencies. The position also requires coordination with the Facility Manager to be sure that someone is always on call for emergencies.
- Keeping shop and mechanical room clean
- Assisting Facilities Manager on various building needs
- Key Making
Additional Manager Assigned Duties:
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Building Manager or the Sr. Director of Technology and Infrastructure
Notes about position:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org a resume to apply.
- Occasional work in an Office
- Requires extensive safety training
- Requires the use of protective devices
- High noise environment
- High dust, direct, grease environment
- Exposure to moving machinery
- Exposure to chemicals
- Typically standing, walking, bending, crouching, stooping, climbing ladders.
- Occasionally lifting over 25 lbs.
- Using tools that require high dexterity.
There are no openings at this time.