Drexel University and the Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University are committed to equality of employment opportunity and do not discriminate against applicants, or employees based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, identity and expression, disability or veteran status. Moreover, we are committed to recruiting and advancing women and minorities at all levels within the University. For additional information, please view the Equality and Non-Discrimination Policy.
No openings currently.
Visitor Services Associate
The Visitor Service Department at The Academy of Natural Sciences is in need of a Part Time Visitor Services Associate to be scheduled primarily on weekends and holidays, with some weekday availability. This position reports to the Assistant Manager of Visitor Services.
This position would work between 28 and 40 hours per month, depending on the anticipated attendance levels. The position pays $9.00 per hour plus commission.
This position requires excellent customer service skills as well as basic cash handling and computer skills. Candidate must be able to maintain a flexible work schedule and be available weekends and holidays. The Academy is a unique and fun place to work. It offers experience in the hospitality and tourism field as well as a commission program for membership sales.
- Represent the Academy in a professional manner.
- Sell Academy memberships and admissions to guests.
- Inform guests of daily and upcoming programs.
- Manage cash, credit transactions, and closeout reports.
- Handle a variety of different types of transactions and group check-ins.
- Maintain a neat and orderly appearance of the front desk.
- Promptly communicate any issues to a manager.
- May be cross trained to work other positions.
- Attend quarterly meetings.
- High school education;
- Computer proficiency and willingness to learn new systems;
- Customer service experience in an attraction venue preferred;
- Excellent cash handling skills/experience a must;
- Ability to stay informed with current events happening in the museum.
- Must enjoy working with the public;
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
Skills to be Enhanced or Developed on the Job:
- Develop an experience in all aspects of visitor/hospitality services through training and on the job experience
- Training on basic to intermediate use of computerized point of sale system
- Learn to work within a team environment, supported by an enthusiastic professional staff
To apply, send a cover letter and résumé to Ramon Torres, Assistant Manager of Visitor Experience at firstname.lastname@example.org