Drexel University and the Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University are committed to equality of employment opportunity and do not discriminate against applicants, or employees based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, identity and expression, disability or veteran status. Moreover, we are committed to recruiting and advancing women and minorities at all levels within the University. For additional information, please view the Equality and Non-Discrimination Policy.
The Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University
Prepared by – Joseph Resnick, Sr. Director of Technology & Infrastructure
IT Technician Analyst
TEMP Full-Time (In Person and Remote)
Two years of experience in a similar role
- Associate’s Degree or Two Year College equivalent required
- Relevant certifications
Provide support to the Academy's staff, faculty and visitors with a wide array of technical issues. Additional, help maintain and constantly improve ANS IT support procedures and practices.
- Education and experience as outlined above
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions.
- Reasonable written and verbal communication skills.
- Significant experience supporting a mixed OS computer environment (Windows, MAC, Linux)
- Independent management of “tech requests”. Immediately resolve issues under his authority and forward high-level requests to appropriate staff.
- Assist in the implementation of DU and DU/IRT initiatives involving technology
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues for all staff
- Order Ink, Toner and Computer Supplies and obtain PO numbers for orders.
- Update and maintain Academy-wide asset database
- Maintain all work stations with latest updates and virus protection
- Keep records of all software and hardware components for every work station
- Co-manage Ink and Toner Recycling Program
- SPECIAL ADDITIONS UNDER COVID
- Remote support of users will be a majority of the time including day to day issues as well as supporting remote applications like Teams and Zoom.
- In person time is required, likely between one a two days a week to address hardware issues and other essential operations.
Additional Manager Assigned Duties:
- Research new technology and make recommendations for implementation.
- Participate in large scale implementations (both internally driven and DU IRT driven)
- Perform IT orientations for new employees and volunteers with access to systems.
- Responsible for data destruction on decommissioned equipment.
- Report policy violations to supervisor
- Maintain records of problems and keep downtime to minimum
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Sr. Director of Technology and Infrastructure
Notes about position:
- Office work
- High Noise environment
- Intermittently sitting/standing/stooping
- Climbing ladders
- Occasionally lifting 25-50 lb
- Using tools requiring high dexterity
Please email email@example.com a resume to apply.
There are no openings at this time.