Drexel University and the Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University are committed to equality of employment opportunity and do not discriminate against applicants, or employees based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, identity and expression, disability or veteran status. Moreover, we are committed to recruiting and advancing women and minorities at all levels within the University. For additional information, please view the Equality and Non-Discrimination Policy.
Coordinator, Engineering WINS
Engineering WINS (EngWINS) is a 3 years program funded by NSF to ANS to partner with Drexel college of Engineering and School of Education and local engineering professionals to serve as mentors among urban high school women. The EngWINS Coordinator will help to develop engineering curriculum for high school women, oversee internships with engineering professionals and assist the research team in all administrative duties of the project.
- To develop curriculum from current curriculum and modifying it to include engineering components.
- To mentor high school women in STEM, prepare students to successfully engage in engineering internship and overseeing internship throughout Philadelphia.
- To prepare and support students to give professional presentations about their internship.
- Administrative duties such as scheduling team meetings, finding and scheduling internships for students.
- Assist WINS manager with other student activities.
- Other duties as assigned to ensure the successful implementation of the NSF grant.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must pass child abuse and criminal background check (Pennsylvania Enhanced Background Check)
- Experience working with youth
To apply, please submit your cover letter and CV/resume at: https://careers.drexel.edu/en-us/job/493028/coordinator-engineering-wins
No openings currently.