How Do I Become Part of WINS?
Due to weather emergencies, the nomination period has been extended to Wednesday, February 19th.
Do you want to be a WINS or know someone who would? It’s easy! All you have to do is download the Nomination Form (see below) during the nomination period of January 1-February 19, fill it out and send it to us to start the process.
In order to be nominated, students must be:
- Grades of B average or better;
- In 8th grade and planning to attend a Philadelphia public or charter school in the upcoming academic year.
If you are a teacher or counselor, please click here for the nomination form.
If you are family or a friend, please click here for the nomination form.
Nomination forms will be available only during the nomination period of January 1st to February 19th. Nomination must be in by February 19th. Late nominations will not be considered. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215-299-1064 for more information.
After nominations are received, a WINS application form is sent to the girls. The application must be returned with a copy of:
- The applicant’s most recent report card;
- The final report card from the seventh grade;
- Two letters of recommendation (These letters should be from a school counselor, teacher, or other involved adult who is not a relative).
All applications are due by April 15th. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
By the end of April, the applicants will receive a letter letting them know if they have been selected for an interview. Getting an interview does not imply acceptance to the program, but an interview is mandatory to be considered. After the interview process, letters will be sent with the final results by the first week of June. Selection is based on:
- Application information and timeliness;
- Need (Our commitment to serve those students who, due to financial stresses, and the absence of one or both parents from the home might otherwise not have access to such enrichment opportunities.)