Enjoy a casual format where your guests come and go as they please. They will have the chance to ask questions of our expert naturalist as they meet a variety of live animals up close or personally investigate artifacts. All exhibits feature a variety of touchable specimens. Ideal for festivals and fairs.
- All ages can be accommodated
- Two-hour program length
- Unlimited number of participants
- Fee $375 ($125 for each additional hour)
plus travel fee
- Animal Encounters
- Participants will get to meet animal ambassadors from our Live Animal Center. Ogle an owl or look at a lizard! Touch beautiful and cool artifacts such as bones, fur, and feathers.
- Dinosaur Diversions
- Always wanted to hold a real dinosaur fossil? Participants will receive a personal introduction to paleontology as they handle a variety of fossils and engage in fun tabletop activities.
- Amazing Arthropods
- From beautiful to bizarre, insects, spiders, and other spineless wonders elicit a reaction from every age. Meet some of the most amazing invertebrates on Earth, including live specimens!
- Depending on driving distance from the museum, programs may begin as early as 9 a.m. and end as late as 9 p.m. (not including setup and breakdown).
- Distance determines travel fee. Travel is limited to 80 miles one way for programs with live animals.
- Programs without live animals have a travel limit of 200 miles one way.
- Travel fees begin at $25 for locations within 10 miles.
- There is a holdover fee of $75 for presentations scheduled more than one hour apart (maximum of two hours between programs).
- For multiple topics on the same day, there is a fee of $75.
- We ask that multiple presentations be held in the same room. If this is not possible, a $75 fee will be applied.