Real Science is real fun…
all summer long!
Academy Explorers Camp invites campers, ages 5-12 years old, to learn about natural science in a safe, fun, and engaging way. Each week of camp explores an exciting new theme and features an off-site field trip! From fossils to our extreme earth to amazing animals, check out our camp themes to find the best fit for your child’s interests. Summer Camp is appropriate for children ages 5-12.
You may also be interested in this year’s Spring-Break Academy Explorers Camp, which runs from April 1–3. Parents with younger children may want to consider Tiny Tot Explorers, a program for children ages 3–5.
Weekly Camp Themes
- Animal Inventions (July 6–10)
- Tap into your inner inventor as you observe nature and design something new inspired by animal attributes. Be inspired by science!
- Inside-Out (July 13–17)
- Discover what makes animals (including you) tick, and figure out how bones, organs, blood, and guts work together.
- The World of T.rex (July 20–24)
- Travel back in time to explore the world of Tyrannosaurus rex, and meet the real live descendants of these ancient beasts.
- Slimy Science (July 27–31)
- Wiggle with worms and squirm with salamanders to inspire your inner scientist with these icky, slimy experiments.
- Dino-lympics (August 3–7)
- Join the feathered frenzy, challenge yourself, and discover how well you’d measure up to the dinosaurs.
- Bugstravaganza (August 10–14)
- Journey deep into the dirt and observe the world from a bug’s point of view. Plus, get up close and personal with some real live creepy crawlies!
- Behind-the-Scenes (August 17–21)
- Become the ultimate Academy insider! Explore the museum’s rarely seen collections, meet Academy scientists and try your hand at some seriously fun science.
- Animal Grossology (August 24–28)
- Get a closer look at animals and the disgusting things they do. Learn how puke, poop, and pellets can be fun, funky, and fascinating.
The Academy is conveniently located right in the heart of Center City, making pickup and drop-off a breeze for those who live (and work) in and around Philadelphia.
Registering is easy!
- Download the Registration Form. For each camper, please clearly and completely fill out the registration form, medical form, and permission and release form. Remember to sign each form. A Parent’s Guide is also available for download.
- Submit your registration and payment. All Academy Explorers registrations must be accompanied by a nonrefundable $100 deposit per week registered. Deposit does not apply to Tiny Tot registrations. Balance in full is due by Friday, June 19, 2015. You may submit your registration over the phone or by mail:
- By Phone: Call our Reservations Office at 215-299-1060 to pay with a credit card. You will then be asked to fax your completed forms to 215-405-1551.
- By Mail: Send the completed forms with a check made out to the Academy of Natural Sciences to:
Academy Explorers Camp
1900 Benjamin Franklin Parkway
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Return registration forms no later than Monday, June 29th, 2015. Children will not be permitted at camp without a signed Medical, Permission, and Release form. Click the links below to print Academy Explorers Camp forms for 2015.
- Upon completion of your registration, you will receive additional information about camp as well as instructions for paying any balances.
- In the event of a registration cancellation, no refunds will be given after June 19th, 2015. Prior to June 19th, 2015, refunds may be given at the discretion of the Camp Coordinator.
If you have any questions about the registration process, please call 215-299-1060. For general questions, please contact Christine Danowsky at email@example.com or 215-299-3798.
- Members pay $320 per camper per weekly session.
- Nonmembers pay $360 per camper per weekly session.
- Before-care (8–9 am) is $50 per camper per weekly session.
- After-care (4–5:30 pm) is $50 per camper per weekly session.
- Academy members save even more!
- If you are interested in becoming a member of the Academy, check out our membership information or call us at 215-299-1022.
- SCOP Scholarships
- Occasionally a small number of scholarships are available through the generosity of SCOP (Support Community Outreach Program). If scholarships become available, a printable PDF will appear in the downloads below labeled SCOP Forms 2015. Please keep checking our webpage for updates.
- Registration Form for Summer Academy Explorers Camp 2015
Parents Guide for Summer Academy Explorers Camp 2015
2015 Camp Brochure