Real Science is real fun…
all summer long!
Academy Explorers Camp invites campers to learn about natural science in a safe, fun, and engaging way. Each week of camp explores an exciting new theme and features an off-site field trip! From fossils to our extreme earth to amazing animals, check out our camp themes to find the best fit for your child’s interests.
You may also be interested in this year’s Spring-Break Academy Explorers Camp, which runs from April 14–18. Parents with younger children may want to consider Tiny Tot Explorers, a program for children ages 3–5.
Weekly Camp Themes
- Carnivore Carnival (July 7–11)
- Hunt down some clues to figure out what makes these carnivorous critters so special, meet live animals, and explore prehistoric predators like T-rex!
- Unnatural Science (July 14–18)
- Bigfoot. The Jersey Devil. Nessie. Explore cryptozoology and discover the truth about the real animals that inspire mythical beasts from all over the world. Back by popular demand!
- Destination: Dinosaurs (July 21–25)
- Travel back in time to explore the world of the dinosaurs, and meet the real live descendants of these ancient beasts.
- Science Challenge (July 28–August 1)
- Think you’ve got what it takes to beat our science challenges? Experience some extreme experiments and put your problem solving skills to the test. We dare you!
- Feathered Tales and Dino Scales (August 4–8)
- Join the feathered frenzy and explore dinosaurs—both past and present—with live animal encounters and dinosaur diversions.
- Insect Investigations (August 11–15)
- Fly, scurry, climb, and slink your way through the lives of bugs from all over the world. Plus, meet some real live creepy crawlies.
- Secrets of the Museum (August 18–22)
- Unlock the secrets of the museum as you explore some of the stranger and rarely seen pieces in our collections and create your own extraordinary exhibit.
- Talons, Paws, and Claws (August 25–29)
- Hang out (or on) with some of the residents of the Academy’s Live Animal Center as you explore the Animal Kingdom.
The Academy is conveniently located right in the heart of Center City, making pickup and drop-off a breeze for those who live (and work) in and around Philadelphia.
Registering is easy!
- Download the Registration Form. For each camper, please clearly and completely fill out the registration form, medical form, and permission and release form. Remember to sign each form. A Parent’s Guide is also available for download.
- Submit your registration and payment. All Academy Explorers registrations must be accompanied by a nonrefundable $100 deposit per week registered. Deposit does not apply to Tiny Tot registrations. You may submit your registration over the phone or by mail:
- By Phone: Call our Reservations Office at 215-299-1060 to pay with a credit card. You will then be asked to fax your completed forms to 215-405-1551.
- By Mail: Send the completed forms with a check made out to the Academy of Natural Sciences to:
Academy Explorers Camp
1900 Benjamin Franklin Parkway
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Upon completion of your registration, you will receive a confirmation packet with additional information about camp as well as instructions for paying any balances.
If you have any questions about the registration process, please call 215-299-1060. For general questions, please contact Hollie Barattolo at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-405-5061.
- Members pay $295 per camper per weekly session.
- Nonmembers pay $335 per camper per weekly session.
- Before-care (8–9 am) is $50 per camper per weekly session.
- After-care (4–5:30 pm) is $50 per camper per weekly session.
- Sign up and save!
- Sign up your child for one week of Academy Explorers Camp this summer at full price and get $25 off each additional week of camp you purchase for that child. Discount does not apply to Tiny Tot Explorers.
- Academy members save even more!
- If you are interested in becoming a member of the Academy, check out our membership information or call us at 215-299-1022.
- SCOP Scholarships
- Occasionally a small number of scholarships are available through he generosity of SCOP (Support Community Outreach Program).
- Registration Form for Summer Academy Explorers Camp 2014
Parents Guide for Summer Academy Explorers Camp 2014
2014 Camp Brochure