Leadership Circles of Giving
Leadership gifts play a critical role in sustaining the Academy's scientific research programs, which explore today's most significant questions in environmental science, biodiversity, and evolution.
Leadership donors also ensure the conservation of the Academy's priceless collections of more than 18 million specimens—including such treasures as John James Audubon's birds and Thomas Jefferson's fossil collection—and sustain the Academy's programs of education, exhibits, and public conversations around the most important environmental topics of our time.
In recognition of their exceptional generosity, Leadership donors have special access to all the Academy has to offer, including opportunities to meet with Academy scientists and curators to learn firsthand about the Academy's outstanding collections and research, exclusive invitations to special receptions and exhibit previews, behind-the-scenes tours, and much more.
$1,000 President's Circle
President's Circle membership provides you with all the benefits of general Academy membership, plus these additional benefits reserved for Leadership Circle donors only:
- Exclusive invitation to the annual Spring Forward dinner, hosted by the Academy’s President & CEO and Drexel University’s President.
- Free daytime parking at a nearby parking facility when you visit the Academy (up to four visits per year).
- Personal assistance from Academy staff when planning a visit.
$2,500 Lewis and Clark Circle
Among the Academy's most treasured specimens are those collected by Meriwether Lewis and William Clark on their famous 1804–1806 expedition to the American West. As a member of the Lewis and Clark Circle, you receive all the benefits of President's Circle membership, plus:
- One private tour of the Academy’s collections each year upon request.
- Invitation to Drexel University’s premier annual Anthony J. Drexel Society event.
- Ability to extend invitations to two additional guests for select Academy receptions and events.
- Recognition on the Academy’s donor wall.
$5,000 Leidy Circle
Dr. Joseph Leidy is one of the giants of Academy history; as the Academy curator in the mid-19th century, he pioneered the growth of paleontology as a scientific discipline and is known today as the father of American vertebrate paleontology. As a member of the Leidy Circle, you receive all the benefits of Lewis and Clark Circle membership, plus:
- A private luncheon with the Academy's President & CEO for four people, followed by a customized behind-the-scenes tour of the Academy with an Academy curator.
- Free daytime parking at a nearby parking facility when you visit the Academy (up to six visits per year).
- $25 gift card to the Academy Shop.
- A complimentary add-on experience for a birthday party or event rental.
$10,000 Darwin Circle
Charles Darwin became a member of the Academy of Natural Sciences in 1860. The Academy was the first American institution to formally recognize Darwin's scientific contributions by electing him to membership. As a member of the Darwin Circle, you receive all the benefits of Leidy Circle membership, plus:
- A private cocktail reception at the Academy for up to six people, followed by a customized behind-the-scenes tour with an Academy curator.
- A complimentary Family membership for the family of your choice.
- Free daytime parking at a nearby parking facility when you visit the Academy (up to eight visits per year).
- A guided museum experience for all visits upon request.
$25,000 Jefferson Circle
The Jefferson Circle honors President Thomas Jefferson, whose fossil collection is housed in the Academy's Paleontology Department. Thomas Jefferson was elected as a member of the Academy in 1818. Jefferson Circle members play a leadership role in supporting the Academy's mission and enjoy a close relationship with Academy scientists and curators. If you are interested in joining the Jefferson Circle, we would be delighted to arrange a private consultation to assist you in planning a gift that meets your philanthropic goals. As a member of the Jefferson Circle, you receive all the benefits of Darwin Circle membership, plus:
- A private dinner for up to eight people in an Academy gallery of your choice, followed by a customized behind-the-scenes tour of the Academy with an Academy curator.
- An opportunity to be a curator for a day and spend the day learning the ins and outs of caring for your favorite collection.
- A natural history publication, selected each year by the Academy Senior Fellow
- Free daytime parking at a nearby parking facility when you visit the Academy (up to 12 visits per year).
How to Join our Leadership Circles of Giving
There are many ways to show your Leadership level support for the Academy. You can join today by making your Leadership gift:
- Join or Renew through our secure online server.
- By downloading the Leadership Circle Reply Form and mail it with your contribution to the Academy's Office of Institutional Advancement, 1900 Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia, PA 19103.
- By calling our Office of Institutional Advancement at 215-405-5079.
- In quarterly installments, to spread your gift over the year.
- With a gift of stock—learn more about the benefits of donating stocks.
- And with many other flexible options!
Can we help you?
We would be delighted to share more information about the Academy's Leadership Circles of Giving program with you. To learn more about giving at the Leadership Circles level, please contact our Office of Institutional Advancement at 215-405-5079 or email@example.com. Thank you for your support of the Academy!
The official registration and financial information of the Academy of Natural Sciences may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.