The Academy host a series of scientific seminars throughout the year sponsored by the Academy’s chapter of Sigma Xi. These technical seminars are intended for scientists and college-level students. Guests from other research and higher education institutions and organizations are encouraged to attend.
Those interested in presenting their research at the Academy should contact Makiri Sei at email@example.com .
These seminars are typically held during the Fall, Winter, and Spring. All seminars are held at 12 noon in the Academy’s Ewell Sale Stewart Library & Archives unless otherwise noted.
- Friday,January 31
- Ulrike Holzwarth, University of Bremen
"Separating Natural Variability from Anthropogenic Changes: an Example from Western Sahel"
- Friday, September 19
- Daniel Duran, Drexel University
"Using molecular data to test applied ecological and phylogeographic hypotheses in Dromochorus tiger beetles"
- Friday, September 26
- Justin Gerlach, Nature Protection Trust of Seychelles
“Icons of Extinction: Passenger Pigeons to Partula”
- Friday, October 24
- Jessica Ware, Rutgers University
- Friday, November 7
- Ken Hayes, Howard University
- Friday, November 21
- Sonja Hausmann, Academy of Natural Sciences
- Friday, December 5
- Carlo Cunha, Capes Foundation