The Academy host a series of scientific seminars throughout the year sponsored by the Academy’s chapter of Sigma Xi. These technical seminars are intended for scientists and college-level students. Guests from other research and higher education institutions and organizations are encouraged to attend.
Those interested in presenting their research at the Academy should contact Makiri Sei at email@example.com
These seminars are typically held during the Fall, Winter, and Spring. All seminars are held at 12 noon in the Academy’s Darwin Room unless otherwise noted.
- January 13
- Thomas Belton, Patrick Center of Ecological Research, ANS
“What Lies Beneath – Barnegat Bay”
- January 27
- Walter Yerk, Department of Civil, Architectural, and Environmental Engineering, Drexel University
“Of Drops and Leaves: a Quest for Rainfall Interception by Urban Vegetation”
- February 10
- Stefanie Kroll, Patrick Center of Ecological Research, ANS
“Baseline Community Types and Setting Targets for Ecosystem Improvement in the Delaware River Watershed Initiative”
- February 24
- Therese Catanach, Department of Ornithology, ANS
- March 6 (Monday), 3 p.m.
- March 17, 12 noon
- Benoit Dayrat, Department of Biology, Pennsylvania State University
- April 14
- Amy Savage, Department of Biology, Rutgers University
- April 28
- Nina Desianti, BEES, Drexel University
- May 12
- Lauren Sallan, Department of Earth and Environmental Science, University of Pennsylvania