Saturday, March 3, 2018
10:00 AM-5:00 PM
Every year, the Academy celebrates all things prehistoric during Paleopalooza, a two-day festival of fossils. We are celebrating our 10-year anniversary in 2018 with new activities, plus our most popular attractions.
At this year’s Paleopalooza, you can:
- See famous specimens from Thomas Jefferson’s fossil collection
- Meet live reptiles
- Join us at a 10 th Anniversary T. rex Appreciation Station for crafts, bricks, and shopping
- Get a tattoo or have your face painted
- Hear a story from Marty the Moose, the Academy’s favorite storyteller
- Reimagine Hadrosaurus foulkii with a real paleo artist
- See paleontology stage shows from real scientists, and talk to real paleontologists in the museum
- Witness experts from Franklin Fountain and Shane Confectionary building a sweet Cabinet of Curiosity modeled on museum specimens, get free samples, and visit their pop-up shop serving ice cream and Jefferson hot chocolate
- Dig for fossils to take home
- Learn how scientists learn about dinosaur movement using technology
- Do hands-on activities to understand how dinosaurs themselves solved problems
- Tour Dinosaur Hall
- Ask questions in the Fossil Prep Lab
- Visit the new Crocs exhibit, featuring live species, including the Siamese crocodile, the broad-nosed caiman, the American alligator, and the West African dwarf crocodile (extra ticket required)
- And so much more!
Free for members or with general museum admission.
Click here to learn more!