Spring Break is when science runs wild!
Spring Break Academy Explorers Camp
Spring Break Camp for 2015 is SOLD OUT. There are still spaces available for Summers Explorers Camp.
April 1–3, 2015
Weekdays, 9 am–4 pm
Optional before- and after-care
Why spend your Spring Break at the Academy?
The camp is located right in Center City. Optional before-and-after care is also available. Each day includes a live presentation by one of the Academy’s teacher-naturalists, an exploration of our exhibits (including Outside In, Butterflies!, and the Big Dig) and "campers-only" games, crafts, and activities. Kids can:
- Spend the day getting to know dinosaurs, bugs, and live animals.
- Learn more about the environment with "green" activities.
- Perform experiments just like a real scientist.
You can reserve one day or multiple days.
The more days you reserve, the bigger the savings.
Make your reservations today! Call 215-299-1060.
- Animal Adventures (April 1)
- Spend some time with the Academy’s live animals, and learn what it means to survive in the wild.
- Dynamic Dinosaurs (April 2)
- Explore the fascinating, super-sized beasts that roamed the Earth 65 million years ago.
- Bug Bonanza (April 3)
- Discover amazing insects-small, powerful, weird and beautiful.
- Members pay $55 per camper, per day.
(Members who reserve more than one camp day pay only $50 for each additional day.)
- Nonmembers pay $60 per camper, per day.
(Nonmembers who reserve more than one camp day pay only $55 for each additional day.)
- Before Care (8–9 am) is $10 per camper, per day.
After Care (4–5:30 pm) is $10 per camper, per day.
- Campers must bring their own lunches. A snack is provided each day.
- SCOP Scholarships
- Full scholarships for one full week of Academy Explorers Spring Break Camp are available to Philadelphia residents through the City of Philadelphia’s Support Community Outreach Program (SCOP). The application deadline is March 8, 2015. Click the link below to apply!
- Camp Forms for Spring Break Academy Explorers Camp 2015
- Parents Guide for Spring Break Academy Explorers Camp 2015
- 2014 Camp Brochure
- SCOP Scholarship Application