Spring Break is when science runs wild!
Spring Break Academy Explorers Camp
April 14–18, 2014
Weekdays, 9 am–4 pm
Optional before- and after-care
Why spend your Spring Break at the Academy?
The camp is located right in Center City. Optional before-and-after care is also available. Each day includes a live presentation by one of the Academy’s teacher-naturalists, an exploration of our exhibits (including Outside In, Butterflies!, and the Big Dig) and "campers-only" games, crafts, and activities. Kids can:
- Spend the day getting to know dinosaurs, bugs, and live animals.
- Learn more about the environment with "green" activities.
- Perform experiments just like a real scientist.
You can reserve one day or multiple days.
The more days you reserve, the bigger the savings.
Make your reservations today! Call 215-299-1060.
- Furry Friends (April 14)
- Spend some time with the Academy’s live mammals, and learn what it means to be furry.
- Experiment Extravaganza (April 15)
- See what happens during some surprising experiments and amazing creations.
- Dinosaurs! (April 16)
- Unlock the fossilized secrets of these awesome ancient beasts.
- Buggin' Out (April 17)
- Insects and arachnids abound in buggy experiments and live animal encounters.
- Scaly Science (April 18)
- Do some reptilian research and meet some of the Academy’s live snakes, lizards, and turtles.
- Members pay $55 per camper, per day.
(Members who reserve more than one camp day pay only $50 for each additional day.)
- Nonmembers pay $60 per camper, per day.
(Nonmembers who reserve more than one camp day pay only $55 for each additional day.)
- Before Care (8–9 am) is $10 per camper, per day.
After Care (4–5:30 pm) is $10 per camper, per day.
- Campers must bring their own lunches. A snack is provided each day.
- SCOP Scholarships
- Full scholarships for one full week of Academy Explorers Spring Break Camp are available to Philadelphia residents through the City of Philadelphia’s Support Community Outreach Program (SCOP). The application deadline is March 8, 2013.
- Camp Forms for Spring Break Academy Explorers Camp 2014
- Parents Guide for Spring Break Academy Explorers Camp 2014
- 2014 Camp Brochure
- Spring 2014 SCOP Application