Field Trip Planning Guide
Booking your field trip to the Academy of Natural Sciences is easy! Here’s how.
- Choose your preferred dates and experiences: Self-guided Visit, Hands-on Gallery Program, or Discovery Lesson;
- Call 215-299-1060 or Register Online to complete your reservation;
- Check your mail in 2 to 3 weeks for a confirmation and schedule;
- Book your bus and recruit your chaperones.
Please allow at least 1 hour of free time to explore Dinosaur Hall, the changing exhibits hall, Science at the Academy, and the diorama halls of North America, Asia, and Africa.
To help you on the day of your visit, download the Welcome Letter and the Field Trip Schedule Planner.
Group Admission & Program Fees
- Group Admission
$7.00 per person.
- Basic + Butterflies!:
$8.50 per person.*
- *Additional fees required October 12, 2013–March 30, 2014.
- Groups are defined as 10 or more people, ages 3 and up. Groups must provide one chaperone for every 10 students through Grade 12. (Admission for chaperones is free.) Chaperones must be over 18 years old.
- October 12, 2013–March 30, 2014 ONLY
If you visit between October 12, 2013, and March 30, 2014, your students will experience a very special exhibit, Dinosaurs Unearthed. This exhibit features roaring, moving dinosaurs and compelling scenery from the days of the dinosaurs. Basic admission for all schools will increase during this time.
Basic plus Butterflies!
- Hand-on Gallery Programs
- Outside In (35 minutes):
$40 per program for 10-30 students
$75 per program for 31-60 students
- The Big Dig (20 minutes):
$30 per program for 10-30 students
$55 per program for 31-60 students
- Discovery Lessons
- Grades Pre-K-6 (35 minutes):
$75 per lesson for 10-30 students
- Grades 7-12 (90 minutes):
$120 per lesson for 10-30 students
- Please note that Discovery Lessons can be booked Tuesdays through Fridays.
- Use the 19th Street Doors. A representative will meet with you at the scheduled time.
- Bus Parking:
- Buses can park at the Bus Parking Facility at 2nd and Callowhill Streets in Philadelphia.
- Download the Bus Parking Directions.
- Download the Bus Parking Street Map.
- Cancellation Policy
- Payment for group visits and all additional programming are due in full upon arrival. The museum reserves the right to turn away groups for insufficient funds. Cancellations must be made a minimum of 2 weeks prior to visit. Cancellations within 2 weeks of scheduled visit are still invoiced for lessons and gallery program fees. Overpayments by check are refunded by check back to the original account. Museum Memberships cannot be combined with group visits. Other discounts, coupons, and affiliate memberships are not applicable with group admission.
- Groups MUST provide one chaperone (complementary admission) for every 10 students (or campers) through Grade 12. Chaperones must be over 18 years old. Admission for each additional chaperone is $7.
- Download the Chaperone Guide.
- Chaperones may also find the following exhibit guides useful: Africa and Asia Diorama Hall Activity Guide and North American Journey.
- A lunchroom is located in the Commons Room on the Ground Floor. Lunchroom reservation is based on availability. There is a 30 minute time limit.
- Service Animals
- If your group will be accompanied by one or more service animals, please inform our Visitor Services Department in advance at email@example.com or 215-299-1000. This will help us decide which animals to select for your lessons or programs.
- Museum Hours:
- Monday–Friday: 10 am to 4:30 pm
Weekends and holidays: 10 am to 5 pm
Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day
If you have any questions contact the registrar, call 215-299-1060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .