Drexel University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is proactively committed to diversity and inclusion in all of its policies, practices and services. We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute to the varied diversity and excellence of the academic community, and all of its complements.
How to Apply
Please submit your application online at www.drexeljobs.com.
Position Title: Stewardship and Events Coordinator
Two years of experience in event planning or in a development office.
Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in related area of study, or comparable experience.
Position Overview: The Events Coordinator is a member of the Academy’s fast moving Institutional Advancement team. This position is responsible for coordinating all development and membership events; supporting the IA stewardship program; correspondence preparation; and record keeping. He or she reports to the Director of Major Gifts. This position does not supervise staff.
- Knowledge of general office practices; ability to handle confidential information required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office required.
- Knowledge of Raiser's Edge or comparable database software preferred.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends required.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills required.
Provide planning and logistical support for all Institutional Advancement (IA) events, including:
- Building and maintaining guest lists, including managing RSVPs
- Creation of event materials (invitations, promotional materials, nametags, programs, etc.)
- Managing event-related mailings
- On-site event coordination
- Post-event follow-up
- Contact and coordination with various vendors
- Attend all IA events and provide logistic coordination (some evenings and weekends required).
- Act as primary IA Liaison with museum events and catering staff.
- Work with event planning committees as needed.
- Assist Systems Coordinator in processing and acknowledging gifts for fundraising events.
- Maintain event committee contact information in files and in Raiser’s Edge database.
- Maintain records and track budgets of events, through electronic and paper files/binders.
- Prepare personalized donor acknowledgements and miscellaneous correspondence.
- Provide support for all aspects of the Academy’s donor stewardship program.
- Assist with all other Institutional Advancement activities and priorities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Major Gifts.
There are no openings at this time.